In 1962 Caterpillar introduced its first off-highway truck, the 769. Caterpillar quickly set the standard for the industry with features that included non-fade braking with oil-cooled brakes, pneumatic oil independent wheel suspension for a superior ride, automatic power shift transmission to optimize speed with minimal operator effort, and rugged structures for long life.
Off-highway trucks in Yancey’s territory have been primarily utilized in quarry and aggregates operations as well as in larger land development. The 777 off highway truck was a primary machine used in the building of Atlanta’s fifth runway.
“The 769 allowed us to get into the mining business with trucks—specifically with Georgia quarries.”
Garland Capps, Yancey Bros. Co.
Share this Story
Building Georgia's Interstates 1956 - 1970